Director of Product Management
Job Category: Product Management
This leader will possess deep higher education functional knowledge and have a proven track record of developing new solutions within a professional services firm and/or technology organization, as well as having strong and proven business acumen.
Primary responsibilities include setting the overall strategy and direction for BlackBeltHelp solutions. This entails writing business cases for new business opportunities, making build, buy, partner decisions, conducting technology assessments and recommending solutions, writing business requirements and user specifications for new software, and developing solution bundles for both software and services.
Specifically s/he will be responsible to:
- Set the strategy and direction for all of BBH’s solutions
- Define product strategy and recommend business cases to company leadership
- Oversee the entire solution lifecycle from conception to launch for all BBH solutions
- Research emerging industry trends and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance including Title IV, IPEDS, FERPA, SEVIS, and other higher education initiatives.
- Be a thought leader and frequent presenter at industry conferences, webinars, etc.
- Present solution strategy and corporate vision to prospective clients, conferences, and internal leaders and stakeholders.
- Analyze user requirements and drive enhancements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) concerning IT and student service areas such as Financial Aid, or Registration, or Admissions, or Student Accounts.
- Develop and execute on a product strategy consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to inform market needs and drive solution priorities for assigned markets
- Work with corporate leadership and marketing to develop demand programs that align with company, market and sales focus areas
- Work with sales effectiveness team to ensure sales is trained and capable of representing solutions.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including interaction and involvement across multiple departments and with clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Technology related area required.
- 5+ years of professional leadership experience within Higher Education serving a college or university within the Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration or Student Accounts offices.
- 10+ years of professional experience in product management, including experience in a professional services organization, preferably in the Higher Education market.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to meet with prospective clients
- Experience in working in a matrix organization structure
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.